Pumpkin Spice Granola
I may have said this before, but I have a big crush on winter squash, and pumpkin is no exception. Pumpkin Spice lattes have too much sugar for me (sorry to be a buzzkill but a 16oz #PSL has a whopping 50g!) so I make other arrangements to get my pumpkin spice on.
This is my recipe for Pumpkin Spice granola and it is the bomb! It's grain-free so a little goes a long way. It's great sprinkled on Greek yogurt, in a little bowl with the milk of your choice or in a bag as a snack. It's healthy, delicious and tastes like fall.
Pumpkin Spice Granola (grain-free)
Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 45 minutes Total time: 55 minutes
• 2 cups sliced almonds
• 1 cup pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
• 3/4 cup chopped pecans
• 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
• 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped dates (about 8 whole dates)
• 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
• 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
• 1/4 cup maple syrup
• 2 tsp. vanilla extract
• 2 tsp. cinnamon
• 1 tsp. nutmeg
• 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
• 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
• pinch of salt
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a very large mixing bowl, combine the nuts, seeds, coconut, dates, spices and pinch of salt. Mix well.
3. In a small bowl combine the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, pumpkin puree and vanilla.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
5. Spread the granola evenly onto a baking sheet
6. Bake for about 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes so that it doesn't burn.
7. Let it cool completely in the pan before storing in a glass or plastic container.